The Homecoming Project: a project created by ELLET and Flux Laboratory in Switzerland, under the auspices of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports, in order to give the opportunity to young people with Greek origins to discover the roots of their parents and grandparents.
The Greek Paths of Culture constitute the basis for this projects which gives participants the opportunity to visit Greece not as tourists, but to experience the Greek way of life, culture and civilization, staying with local families and volunteering in programme specially designed for each region.
The project is addressed to young people between 18-25 years old, willing to stay in Greece for a period of 2 months.
– At the beginning the participants will visit Athens, where they will be given the opportunity to spend two days in the capital of Greece, attend lectures on history and Greek culture, explore the monuments and sites of architectural heritage of Athens and get introduced to their destinations.
– For the first term (June & July 2017) the participants will stay for the month of June in Sikinos and for the month of July in Arcadia.
– For the second term (October & November 2017) the participants will stay for the month of October in Aegina and for the month of November in Xanthi.
Sikinos, Arcadia, Aegina and Xanthi are unique areas of Greece, of extraordinary beauty, where ELLINIKI ETAIRIA has been implementing successful programmes for many years.
The volunteer work of the participants will focus on
– working for the maintenance of the local Paths of Culture
– working with the local farmers and breeders
– supporting the producers of local, traditional products
– assisting in the organization of local cultural events
Furthermore, participants will attend on a daily basis (except weekends) courses of modern Greek language and culture -traditional Greek dance and music, handicrafts, local history, literature, activities in the open air etc, – by local teachers.
The project is implemented under the Auspices of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports.
See below the Invitation / Application Form